Friday, January 11, 2013

Purses, Necklaces, and Missions Trips

Those of you who have followed me for the last couple of years over on my other blog, Tweeny Hair, know that Syd and I have decided to make missions trips a regular part of our lives. For the last two years, we have traveled to Guatemala and offered our time to the impoverished people there. This year, the location will be different, but our hearts and purpose remain the same.

This summer we will be heading to Navajo Nation, where we will meet up with others from across the country to serve the Navajo people and help meet whatever needs they have. We may be running a children's program, helping with home repairs, assisting the elderly with anything they need, etc. Basically, we're going to show up and say, "We're willing." And then we'll find out exactly what we said we're willing to do.

It's going to take money to make this trip happen for us. The cost of the trip is $425 each, which covers food, housing, work materials, and other necessities while we are there. However, I'm going to have to come up with quite a bit more money than that since the Navajo Reservation is a 22 hour drive (yikes!) from where I live. The cost of gas, hotels, and food during the drive will add up quickly.

I know that it's perfectly acceptable to ask for donations to raise money for missions trips - and if anyone would like to make a donation, please email me at raevslife@gmail.com. But I really don't like simply asking for money, so I have chosen to use my talents to raise the money instead.

Huffleblossoms is my online shop where I sell my handmade accessories. For the last year, I have been selling duct tape flowers, fabric flowers, and ladder ribbon jewelry. The sale of those items provided a large chuck of the money we used for our Guatemala trip last year. This year, you can still find those items for sale, but there is now a new addition. Remember when I told you last week that I was obsessed with making purses? Well, I decided to put that to good use. Huffleblossoms is now also selling my handmade purses! Take a look at some of the products that are currently available. (click the pictures to go straight to that listing in the shop)






The purses available right now are my original design, which I've named the Rae Bag (not too creative, but I like it), and there are multiple sizes available. There are a few currently listed, and I will be adding several more later today and in the weeks to come. Also be on the lookout in the very near future for wallets and more purse/bag styles, along with new flowers and jewelry!

If you like these styles but are looking for a specific color scheme, feel free to contact me and I'll be sure to create a one of a kind item especially for you! And, as always, every dollar made from Huffleblossoms sales goes directly toward missions.

Please consider partnering with us to help others! Check out the Huffleblossoms site by clicking the link below:
http://huffleblossoms.storenvy.com/

Thanks for helping us make a difference in the lives of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment