Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Latest Obsession: Purses and Bags

I seem to have developed a new obsession with bags and purses. I just can't stop making them...I've made 5 in less than a week!

This first bag is the one I showed you all last week. You can see the blog post HERE.

I made this bag the same day. It's similar to the one above, but I changed the shape a little by clipping the top corners off of the pieces before putting it all together.

Then I decided that I needed to jump on the buttercup bag bandwagon. Have you all seen these little bags? They're adorable! You can find the free buttercup bag pattern on a blog called Made By Rae. My 12 year old wanted me to make her a purse, so she picked out the fabric for this one. She has a love affair with lime green, so this is one bright little bag!

 All of the above bags were made with just 2 fat quarters of fabric. Cheap, easy, and cute.

Then the other day, I remembered that I still had some yarn left over from a blanket I crocheted for my daughter for Christmas. I got that yarn out and whipped up this little round bag. I didn't follow a pattern...I just kind of made it up as I went along. I should have taken notes as I went! I'll try to make another bag the way I think I made this one. If I can successfully recreate it, I'll make a tutorial to share with you.


And I saved my favorite one for last. I spent a lot of the day yesterday creating a pattern and then using it to construct the bag pictured below.





Cute, huh?

But now I have WAY more bags/purses than I will ever need. And at this rate, I will run out of room in my closet in no time! I have a feeling there will be a new purses section added to my Huffleblossoms shop in the very near future. That way, I can keep making them WITHOUT having my house turn into something that should be featured on "Hoarders."

So there it is. I am addicted to making bags. And I will not be fighting this addiction. In fact, I will embrace it and make as many different bags as possible. I know, I know....I have no shame. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment